Our 1875 Church, houses a sanctuary, the church office, and classrooms. The sanctuary serves as a chapel for weddings, baptisms, and funerals.
Many of the names and dates on the tombstones in the churchyard date back to the 19th century. Bishop Francis Asbury preached in the "All Saints Parish," of which Socastee was a part, around 1795. It was the only shelter being a brush arbor.
On April 30, 1818, one half acre of land was deeded to the Socastee Methodist Church by Philip Elkes. About that time a log-cabin sanctuary was built on what is now the southwest corner of the church cemetery. In 1875, a new sanctuary was built (which today we refer to as the Old Sanctuary). At that time, the log cabin was torn down. The church's first organ was purchased around 1890 and electricity was available in 1925.
A Fellowship Hall was built in 1978, a parsonage in 1980, and ground was broken in 1987 for a new larger sanctuary, where we worship today. In March 2002 the Fellowship Hall was lost to fire. The parsonage then became the only meeting space for Sunday School classes and The Learning Center. The new parsonage was built and first occupied by Pastor Ray and Sarah Smith in December 2003. In October 2004 ground was broken once again for the construction of a new Fellowship Hall. Our Fellowship Hall today is a gathering space for church groups, luncheons, our nursery, and the Learning Center.